Preparing For College
That old saying "They grow up so fast" was probably coined by sentimental parents watching their children transform into teenagers ... and wondering how to pay for college. NECU products and resources help parents plan and save for their children's college education, while teaching young people good financial habits before they arrive on campus.
- Saving for College: NECU offers a variety of smart savings account options for parents who want to get a head start on putting aside funds for their children's college education.
- Investing in Their Future: Investment and Insurance Services1 representatives are available to guide you through planning for your children's college education, making smart investment choices, and growing your savings.
- MyFunds SavingsSM: A savings account designed specifically for our young members. Students can access funds with their NECU debit card, and parents can transfer funds from their other NECU accounts. Just $5 gets 'em started.
- Student Checking Plus: No minimum balance, no monthly fee, a no-fee Visa check/debit card, and ATM access worldwide
- Benefits Plus Shopping Savings Program: Members with an NECU checking account are eligible to join the exciting Generations Gold Family Benefits program, which offers discounts at area stores, restaurants, auto services, and other merchants. Check it out and see the great savings in store for you!
Visit our online Financial Education Center to learn more about planning, budgeting and saving for college. To introduce your young adult to the fundamentals of money management (which might save you some headaches -- and $$$ -- when they're away at college), see articles in Money Management Basics and Credit Card Savvy.
Questions? Contact a Northeast Credit Union member service representative today.